Aadhaar Address Validation Letter comes to rescue when a person doesn’t address to verify on Aadhaar Number. if a person doesn’t his/her own permanent address to verify for Aadhaar then he/she can ask a verifier to verify address for Aadhaar Address Update. A verifier can lend his/ her address to another resident ONCE in a month and up to FIVE TIMES in a year.
A Verifier will get Address Validation Letter on his/her Address. The Letter contains a secret code. This Secret code can use for Verify Address of requesting resident. A Verifier will get Address Validation Letter within 30 days from the requested date.
Points to Remeber before Requesting for Address Validation Letter
There are some points to remember before requesting for Address Validation Letter. Here are these points:
- The address will be validated by sending an address validation letter containing a secret code, on the address of Address Verifier.
- Resident and Address Verifier both are required to have their mobile registered in Aadhaar.
- In case the Address Verifier misses giving consent within the stipulated time the request will be invalid. The Resident will be required to do the whole process again.
Request for Address Validation Letter
To raise a request for Address Validation letter, follow these steps:
- First of all, visit the UIDAI official website: uidai.gov.in.
- Click on “My Aadhaar” menu.
- Click on “Request for Address Validation Letter”.
- It will take you to the next page.
- Enter your Aadhaar ID and Captcha Code.
- Click on Send OTP.
- Now, Enter the OTP and click on Login.
- It will take to the next page.
- Here, you have to enter Verifier Aadhaar Number and click on Send Request button.
- You will receive SRN for Aadhaar Validation Letter.
- Address Verifier will receive Link for consent in his/her mobile.
- Verifier needs to log in with Aadhaar Website with given link.
- Here, UIDAI will ask consent for Aadhaar Validation Letter.
- When Verifier gives his/her consent for the letter.
- Now, Resident Receives confirmation of Verifier Consent on mobile.
- Now, log in again on the UIDAI website.
- Verify Address on Aadhaar Validation Letter Page.
- Click on Submit.
- After submitting a request, Resident receives the Letter and Secret Code via Post.
- Logs into Online Address Update Portal.
- Updates Address via Secret Code.
- Reviews new address and submits the final request.
- Finally, you have successfully changed Address using Aadhaar Validation Letter.