As per the UIDAI Website, there are three ways to update or correct an Aadhaar card:
- Update the details online
- Request Update By Post
- Visit the nearest enrollment center.
Online Process for Change/Update in Aadhaar card:
- Log on to the official Aadhaar Self Service Portal (SSUP) at
- Enter your Aadhaar Card number in the field provided.
- Enter the Text Verification number that appears below the card number field and click “Generate OTP”.
- A One-Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number, and you require to log in to your Aadhaar account.Aadhar Card Update Enter OTP Screen
- Next, you will be directed to a page where you must indicate which data is incorrect on the card and how you wish to update it.Aadhaar Card Update Detail Selection
- In the next section, you will have to upload a document that will validate the changes that you want to make. For instance, if your name has been misspelled in the Aadhaar card then you will have to upload a copy of a document that will validate your changes.
- After this stage, you will have to select BPO service provider. You can either choose Aegis or Karvy and then submit.
- Once the request has been successfully submitted, you can download a copy of the updated version of your Aadhaar card.
Steps for Offline Procedure to Update an Aadhaar Card:
In order to change any information in the Aadhaar card via offline means, one needs to download the “Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form” Once the form has been filled out and signed, affix the necessary Proof of Identity and Proof of Address, from the list of documents mentioned above, to it and send it to:
Post Box number 10,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
Post Box number 99,
Hyderabad – 500034,
UIDAI takes a total of 15 days to process the application/request and will update the Aadhaar information on file in that time.