The ministry of power and new & renewable energy has introduced the PM-Kusum Scheme. Kusum scheme is also known as Pradhan Mantri solar panel yojana. This Scheme helps to increase the income sources of the farmers of India. It also promotes solar power production. Kusum Yojana is helping to boost solar energy production, which will be beneficial to provide a pollution-free environment. This Scheme helps to save almost three crores of diesel and petrol as a farmer, the solar panel for the irrigation of land.
Table of Contents
The farmer can earn more than Rs 80000 early with the help of this Kusum Scheme. The government of India will use the barren land to supply or generate solar energy for irrigation. There is a need of 5 acres of land for the 1 MW solar plants, which will create almost 11 lakh units of electricity per year.
Kusum Solar Panel Scheme
The solar panel will install on the waste or barren land. Farmers will get the benefit of more than rupees 6000 monthly if the electricity company uses their area for solar panels. According to the government, the electricity company needs to pay 30 paise per unit to the owner of the property. This Scheme gives lots of benefits to the farmer of India. It has to save the cost of petrol or diesel. It helps to provide a financial benefit to the farmer who will install the solar panel of 2 MW irrigation pumps. This Scheme will install standalone 7.5 HP solar Agriculture pumps for replacement of the existing agriculture pump.
The benefit of Kusum Yojana
- The farmer will get Solar panel irrigation at every lowest price.
- Kusum Yojana helps to enhance the income source for the farmer.
- All the farmers of the country is eligible to apply for the PM Kusum scheme.
Features of Kusum scheme
- Farmers will get double benefits through this PM Kusum Scheme.
- The farmer can generate and sell solar power.
- Farmers can spend only 10% of the total project cost
- The government will provide 60% of the total project cost.
- The bank will provide 30% of the project cost in credit form.
Documents required for Kusum scheme
- Aadhar card
- Bank account passbook
- Income certificate
- Address proof of the applicant
Kusum Scheme Registration or Online Apply
If you are going to apply for the scheme then you need to follow the below steps:
- First of all, visit the official website of the Ministry of Renewable Energy.
- Click on the option “Registration section.”
- Now enter all the necessary details in the form.
- The farmer needs to submit the bank account details, linked Aadhar card.
- After successful registration, the farmer needs to pay 10% of the total cost of the project.
- The solar pump will install within three to four months after the successful registration.
Other Government Scheme: